|| Click here
to take our online testing system for a free test drive.
|| To apply for the keys to your very own full featured account, click here.
Multidimensional Emotional Intelligence Assessment - Workplace - Revised (MEIA-W-R)
- Employers and HR professionals looking to develop emotional intelligence (EI), and exceptional interpersonal skills among their leaders and employees
- Those looking for a deeper understanding of how key components of EI affect an individual’s workplace performance
- Those seeking a measure of EI with items that are specific to the workplace – thereby enhancing the validity of the assessment
- Those seeking a brief, comprehensive, personality-based measure of EI
- Those seeking convenient online administration and an intuitive report with actionable developmental advice
The Multidimensional Emotional Intelligence Assessment – Workplace - Revised (MEIA-W-R) is the next generation of our original MEIA-W assessment. The MEIA-W-R is a 78-item, self-report, trait-based measure of EI based on Salovey and Mayer’s (1990) multidimensional model of EI. The
assessment includes 11 dimensions of EI (listed below). The items are work-related versions of the original items from the Multidimensional Emotional Intelligence Assessment - Revised (MEIA-R).
- Recognition of Emotion in the Self
- Regulation of Emotion in the Self
- Recognition of Emotion in Others
- Regulation of Emotion in Others
- Expressive Control
- Trust in Intuition
- Creative Thinking
- Mood Redirected Attention
- Delayed Gratification
How Does the MEIA-W-R Differ from the MEIA-W?
The MEIA-R offers several optimizations relative to the MEIA based on client feedback, and several rigorous empirical studies. These changes include:
- Broader coverage of the EI domain. We’ve added a Delayed Gratification scale, recognizing that focused attention and effort on longer term goals, versus pursuit of opportunities that provide short-term rewards, is critical for effective workplace performance.
- Shorter administration time. The MEIA-W-R consists of fewer items, while remaining as reliable, valid, and trustworthy as the original MEIA-W. The MEIA-W-R can be completed in approximately 15 minutes.
- Updated content. Based on several rigorous studies we’ve updated the item content to more accurately reflect the experience of today’s workforce. Scale names and definitions have also been updated to more closely reflect their impact on workplace performance.
The test construction method used to develop the MEIA-W-R sets it apart from other EI measures currently available on the market. Some of its unique features include:
- Distinct coverage of each facet defined by Salovey and Mayer’s (1990) influential model of EI
- Minimized susceptibility to socially desirable responding and acquiescence response bias
- Documented content validity, structural validity, and incremental validity
- Improved validity over more general versions administered in work settings due to the use of work-based contextual items
Click here for a sample MEIA-W-R report.
Click here for MEIA-W-R pricing.