|| Click here
to take our online testing system for a free test drive.
|| To apply for the keys to your very own full featured account, click here.
NEO Personality Inventory-3™
The NEO-PI-3™ is the updated version of the Revised NEO Personality Inventory (NEO PI-R™) – the standard questionnaire of the Five-Factor Model (FFM). It is a concise measure of the five major domains of personality
(Neuroticism, Extraversion, Openness, Agreeableness, and Conscientiousness) and the six facets that define each domain.
- In counseling and clinical settings with adolescents and adults
- In business and industrial settings
- Psychological research, including studies in sport psychology and recreation
- Items have been revised to be easier to read and appropriate for younger respondents or adults with lower educational levels
- Separate adolescent (12-20) and adult norms are available
- Profile forms were designed to be more user-friendly
- Separate profile forms are available for combined-sex norms
- Revised Professional Manual
The NEO-PI-3 was designed to provide a general description of normal personality relevant to clinical, counseling and educational situations. The updated version retains the reliability and validity of the NEO PI-R and
features new normative data. The NEO-PI-3 consists of 240 personality items as well as validity items, which were designed to be easily read and understood. Thirty-eight items were revised to lower the reading level and make the instrument
more appropriate for adolescents or adults with lower educational levels.
The five domains (factors) measured by the NEO-PI-3 provide a general description of personality, while the facet scales allow more detailed analysis. These five factors and their facet scales include:
- Neuroticism (Anxiety, Hostility, Depression, Self-Consciousness, Impulsiveness, Vulnerability)
- Extraversion (Warmth, Gregariousness, Assertiveness, Activity, Excitement-Seeking, Positive Emotions)
- Openness to Experience (Fantasy, Aesthetics, Feelings, Actions, Ideas, Values)
- Agreeableness (Trust, Modesty, Compliance, Altruism, Straightforwardness, Tender-Mindedness)
- Conscientiousness (Competence, Self-Discipline, Achievement-Striving, Dutifulness, Order, Deliberation)
SIGMATesting.Com offers 2 NEO-PI-3 reports: a Basic Report for Business scored using adult, combined gender norms; and a Basic Report for Counseling
scored using age and gender specific norms. Both basic reports provide information on the five basic dimensions of personality and their corresponding facets. The reports present raw scores, T scores, and percentile scores. Scale
descriptions are provided, along with a final section that lists item responses, validity items, and scores on administrative indices. Both reports are available in English and French. Click on the links below to view sample reports.
NEO-PI-3 Basic Report for Business
NEO-PI-3 Basic Report for Counseling
Click here for NEO-PI-3 pricing.
1 Reproduced by special permission of the Publisher, Psychological Assessment Resources, Inc., 16204 North Florida Avenue, Lutz, Florida 33549. Copyright © 1985, 1989, 1992, 1995, 2010 by
Psychological Assessment Resources, Inc. All rights reserved. Further reproduction is prohibited without permission from PAR, Inc.